Information Collected from Appehub Visitors
- Device Information from Appehub Visitors. We may receive and collect certain Information furnished by the visitor's browser or otherwise by their access device (“Device Information”), such as:
- Browser Information
- Operating System Information
- Mobile Device Information (e.g., device identifier, mobile operating system, etc.)
- IP address (stored in anonymized form)
- Page Accessed
- Geographic Location
- Time of visit (by day, week, and duration)
- Whether the visitor is a new or return visitor
- Other such Information as may be delivered or shared by the applicable browser or access software or device.
- Referral Information. We may also receive certain information regarding visitors from the prior website visited by such visitors (“Referral Information”). For instance, If a Appehub Visitor navigates to the Appehub Website from another website, Crazy Egg may receive certain information from the referring website (i.e., the last website the visitor visited before visiting the Appehub Website) as part of the Hypertext Transfer Protocol ("HTTP") request. For example, if a Appehub Visitor navigates to the Appehub Website from a search engine, Appehub may receive information contained in the referring URL for the applicable search query, such as the terms the Appehub Visitor was searching for before visiting the Appehub Website.
- Registration Information from Appehub Clients. When Appehub Visitors register as Clients to use the Appehub Service, register to use a trial version of the Crazy Egg Service, or request additional information about Appehub, Appehub may require Information, such as name, e-mail mailing address, phone number, financial information (e.g., credit card number, billing address), and/or proposed Client Site to be tracked, to process the registration or request ("Client Registration Information").
Appehub’s Use of Appehub Visitor Information
Appehub may use Information of Appehub Visitors, including Device Information Referral Information of Appehub Visitors and Client Registration Information, to:
- authenticate Client’s access to the Appehub Site, trial versions, or Service;
- process and fulfill Client requests or purchases;
- register Client accounts;
- check the Appehub Visitor’s qualifications for registration and/or to bill Appehub Clients for the Services.
Appehub may also use Client Information to:
- provide Appehub's products and Services, personalize and tailor your experience on the Crazy Egg Website;
- operate our business;
- understand how Clients are engaging with Appehub Website and Service;
- request additional information necessary to process or fulfill an order;
- assess Client satisfaction with the Appehub Service;
- inform Clients that an upgrade is available; or to contact Clients with information about Crazy Egg, including information about new or existing products and services or special offers. For example, we may periodically send promotional materials or notifications related to our products and Services to the email address associated with a registered account.
- Otherwise for our legitimate business interests.
Information Collected by or on Behalf of Our Clients via the Service
Appehub Clients use the Service to obtain information regarding how Client Site Visitors to their Client Sites are interacting with such Client Sites. This Service allows a Appehub Client to evaluate and potentially modify its Client Site based on its findings regarding Client Site Visitors use and interaction with the Client Site. Please note that Appehub itself uses the Crazy Egg Service to obtain insights into Appehub Visitors' activities on http://www.crazyegg.com. Accordingly, Appehub is the Controller of such Information regarding Appehub Visitors.
- Types of Client Visitor Information. Appehub Clients may use the Service to collect, store, and analyze Client Visitor Information, on the Client’s behalf as the Controller of such Client Visitor Information, on Appehub's servers, as the Client’s Processor of such Client Visitor Information. Such Client Visitor Information is transmitted in encrypted form, and pursuant to applicable data transfer provisions further described below. The Service may process such Client Visitor Information on behalf of the Client, to perform analyses and produce reports for the Appehub Client. The interactions that may be recorded or analyzed (“Recorded Interactions”) may include mouse scrolls and clicks by a Client Site Visitor; keystrokes entered by a Client Site Visitor; and/or pages viewed or visited by a Client Site Visitor, including the duration of such visits. Recorded Interactions may also include images of the Client Site that are recorded during the Client Site Visitor’s interactions with such Client Site, such as, by way of example, images of forms displayed or populated by the Client Site Visitor on the Client Site, or other multimedia content that may be posted by Client Site Visitors. Such Client Visitor Information may also include Device Information and/or Referral Information from the Client Site Visitor.
Our Clients' Use of Client Visitor Information
Each Client hereby:
- Represents, warrants, and covenants that it will abide by all applicable laws, rules, and regulations applicable to Client Site Visitors and Client Visitor Information, and ensure that any instructions to Appehub are consistent with, and do not and will not constitute a violation of same;
- Represents, warrants, and covenants that it has obtained all consents required under applicable laws or regulations for the processing of Client Visitor Information under the Service as described hereunder and in the Terms and as otherwise instructed by the Client; and
Our Processing of Client Visitor Information.
As the Processor of Client Visitor Information, we will process Client Visitor Information only in compliance with the applicable Client’s instructions regarding the processing of Client Visitor Information, including any applicable Terms, but subject to applicable laws and regulations regarding such Client Visitor Information, and as otherwise required by applicable law and regulations.
Appehub Disclaimers Regarding Personally Identifying Information of Client Site Visitors.
Appehub's Service is not designed to knowingly collect or extract from Client Visitor Information (including any Recorded Interactions or Device Information received from Client Sites through the Service) information that could be used to personally identify Client Site Visitors, such as a Client Site Visitor’s name, address or phone number ("Personally Identifiable Information") when a Client Site Visitor visits a Client Site that uses the Appehub Service. In particular, Appehub does not attempt to identify, decipher, access, or associate Personally Identifying Information regarding a Client Site Visitor from any Recorded Interactions or Device Information, provided that Appehub may receive Referral Information, as noted above. Appehub includes tools to enable Clients to preempt the collection of or remove sensitive data from the Appehub Service, to be set by the applicable Clients as the Data Controllers.
Appehub Does Not Collect Visitor Information Across Multiple Sites
Appehub does not collect or aggregate information about visitor behavior on multiple, different websites.
Retention and Deletion of Client Visitor Information.
Client agrees and acknowledges that it will be responsible for exporting any Client Visitor Information or Client Registration Information that it wishes to retain following the termination of the Terms.
Appehub's Sharing and Disclosure of Appehub Visitor Information and Client Visitor Information.
This section describes the manner and extent to which Appehub may share and disclose Information. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary below or elsewhere herein, as between a Client and Crazy Egg, the Client is solely responsible for its policies and practices for the sharing and disclosure of Client Visitor Information as the Controller of such Information.
- Disclosure Pursuant to the Client’s Instructions. Appehub will share and disclose Client Visitor Data in accordance with the applicable Client’s instructions, including any applicable Terms, and otherwise in compliance with but subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Subprocessors. We may utilize affiliates or third parties as subprocessors of the Information, to support the Services, and otherwise to support the conduct of our business, to provide, by way of example, service such as computing and storage services. We will use subprocessors subject to contracts that are substantially as protective of Personally Identifiable Information as those contained herein, and, to the extent applicable, in compliance with Article 28(3) of the General Data Protection Regulation. For further information regarding our use of subprocessors, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Our Affiliates. We may share Information hereunder with our corporate affiliates provided that such affiliates are obligated, contractually or otherwise under applicable laws, to be bound by our obligations with respect to such Information.
- Change of Control. If Appehub, or substantially all of its assets, is acquired by another company or successor entity, the Information hereunder will be one of the assets transferred or acquired by the purchaser or successor. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any purchaser of or successor to Appehub or its assets may continue to collect, use and disclose your Information as set forth in this policy.
- Payment Processors. Like many companies that accept payment by credit card, Appehub relies on third-party payment processors to process financial payments. When you make payments to Appehub to obtain or use Appehub's products or services, Appehub may share Personally Identifiable Information, such as your name, address, and credit card information, with qualified third parties in order to process your order.
- Law Enforcement/Legal Process. Appehub reserves the right to disclose any Information (including Personally Identifiable Information): (1) to comply with any law, regulation, or legal request, if and to the extent that we reasonably believe disclosure is in accordance with or required by any applicable law, regulation or legal process; (2) to enforce, apply, or investigate breaches of the Terms or other agreements; or (3) protect the rights, property, user experience, or safety of Appehub, our employees, our users, our Clients, or others.
- Aggregated, Anonymized, Pseudonymized, or De-identified Information. We may disclose or use aggregated, anonymized, pseudonymized, or otherwise de-identified Information for any purpose.
Transfer of Data Abroad; International Users.
If we transfer Personally Identifying Information from a Client Site in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) to other countries not deemed adequate under applicable data protection law, we will do so in compliance with either:
- European Union Model Clauses. Appehub will offer to enter into the European Union Model Clauses, also known as Standard Contractual Clauses, with the Client. To enter into such clauses, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- E.U.-U.S. Privacy Shield and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield (“Privacy Shield”). Appehub will transfer such Information in compliance with the data protection requirements under the Privacy Shield. To learn more about the Privacy Shield Program, please see http://www.privacyshield.gov/welcome.
Security and Protection of Visitor Information and Client Information
Policy Concerning Children Under Age of 16
Appehub does not knowingly or intentionally collect Personally Identifiable Information from children under 16. If we learn that we have Personally Identifiable Information of a child under age 16, we will remove it. If you believe we have Personally Identifiable Information about a child under the age of 16, please notify us at email@example.com.
For More Information / Your Information Rights
- Access to Personally Identifiable Information or other Information Stored at Appehub at any time, a Appehub Client or Appehub Visitor may access and/or modify their Personally Identifiable Information or other Information stored by Appehub on their behalf, to enable them to access, rectify and restrict processing of their respective Information, and allow them to export their Information, by accessing their Appehub account and contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- California Information Rights. Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83 (the “Shine the Light” law), California residents who provide personal information in obtaining products or services for personal, family or household use are entitled to request and obtain from us once per calendar year certain disclosures about the personal information we shared, if any, with other businesses for their own direct marketing uses. If applicable, this information would include the categories of personal information, and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared personal information, for the immediately prior calendar year (e.g. requests made in 2019 will receive information regarding 2019 sharing activities). To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com with a subject line of “Request for California Privacy Information.” Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by the “Shine the Light” requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response.
Some web browsers may transmit “do-not-track” signals to the websites with which the user communicates. Because of differences in how web browsers incorporate and activate this feature, it is not always clear whether users intend for these signals to be transmitted, or whether they even are aware of them.